Falling for Fun: Exciting Fall Events in Southeast Michigan
As the temperatures begin to drop and the leaves transform into a stunning tapestry of reds and golds, Southeast Michigan comes alive with a wide array of fall events and activities. From festivals celebrating the harvest season to spooky Halloween happenings, there's something for everyone to enjoy. Here's a quick rundown of some must-attend fall events in Southeast Michigan.
1. Ann Arbor Film Festival's Fall Screenings (October 4-9, 2023): The Ann Arbor Film Festival presents a special fall series featuring independent and experimental films. Experience a diverse range of cinematic artistry at various venues in Ann Arbor.
2. Top Agent Realty Trunk or Treat (October 14, 2023): Enjoy Games, Sparkles the Clown, candy, & more with your family! From 12-3pm in Benihana’s back parking lot. It’ll be spooktacular!
3. Plymouth Ghost Tours (Select Dates in October): Get into the Halloween spirit with a guided ghost tour of historic Plymouth. Learn about the town's spooky legends and haunted history while exploring its charming streets at night.
4. Tecumseh's Appleumpkin Festival (October 14-16, 2023): Head to Tecumseh for the annual Appleumpkin Festival, a delightful event featuring arts and crafts, food vendors, live entertainment, a classic car show, and, of course, plenty of apples and pumpkins.
5. Freaky 5K Run/Walk in Royal Oak (October 28, 2023): Dress up in your favorite Halloween costume and participate in the Freaky 5K Run/Walk in Royal Oak. This family-friendly event includes a costume contest and offers a fun way to celebrate the season.
6. Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo (Weekends in October): The Detroit Zoo transforms into a Halloween wonderland during weekends in October. Bring the family for trick-or-treating, live entertainment, a pumpkin patch, and animal exhibits.
7. Scarecrow Festival in Trenton (October 1-2, 2023): Trenton's Scarecrow Festival is a fall favorite with scarecrow displays, pumpkin decorating, a craft show, food vendors, and live music. It's a great way to kick off the autumn season.
8. Haunted Halloween Weekend in Northville (October 28-29, 2023): Northville hosts a spooky yet family-friendly Halloween weekend with a parade, costume contests, trick-or-treating, and other festive activities.
9. Ypsilanti's Haunted Historic Tours (Select Dates in October): Take a guided tour of Ypsilanti's historic and reportedly haunted places. These tours are a great way to learn about the city's history while getting into the Halloween spirit.
Fall in Southeast Michigan is a season of celebration, with events that cater to various interests and ages. Whether you're a fan of craft beer, cultural festivals, spooky thrills, or family-friendly fun, the region has it all. Mark your calendar for these fantastic fall events and make the most of this colorful and exciting season in Southeast Michigan.