8 Must-Try Fall Hacks for an Eye Catching Home Exterior
As the vibrant hues of summer flowers fade and leaves gracefully descend from the trees, the exterior of your home may lose some of its luster. Elevate your fall curb appeal with these expert tips:
1. Maintain a Pristine Lawn: Keep your lawn looking its best as autumn leaves fall. Regular raking to manage leaves is key; you can compost them or recycle at your local center.
2. Trim Trees and Shrubs: When trees and shrubs shed leaves, they can look disheveled. To maintain a neat yard: remove withered blooms and leaves, trim unruly stems, and eliminate dead branches at the base of bushes and shrubs.
3. Revitalize Flower Beds: Use a leaf blower to clear dried leaves from flower bed corners. Add vibrancy with fall plants like mums, marigolds, asters, sedum, kale, or sumac. Finish with a 2-3 inch layer of fresh mulch for a clean look!
4. Illuminate Your Outdoors: As daylight fades, outdoor lighting is crucial for curb appeal. Use decorative lights on pathways, install entryway floodlights or lanterns, and consider landscape lighting. Keep fixtures clean by washing glass shades with glass cleaner and wiping metal/plastic parts with an all-purpose cleaner and cloth.
5. Clear the Gutters: Prevent water damage and ensure good drainage by cleaning your gutters. Blocked gutters can cause winter ice dams, so do this before winter arrives.
6. Renew Your Exteriors: As leaves fall from trees and shrubs, your home's exterior becomes prominent. Boost curb appeal by pressure washing dirt from siding, foundations, sidewalks, and driveways. Clean both sides of your windows, and if your home's paint is fading, think about a fresh coat this fall.
7. Porch Perfection: Clean your porch to remove summer debris. Check railings and steps for stability; repair or replace as needed. Consider a fresh coat of paint or stain for the porch floor and stairs. Pick a front door color that complements your home's siding and trim for an attractive contrast.
8. Elegant Fall Decor: As trees shed leaves, enhance your yard's charm with subtle fall decor. A tasteful wreath on the front door and potted seasonal flowers create an inviting ambiance. Elevate your porch with pumpkins, gourds, and an autumn-themed doormat.
While adding a touch of fall decor can enhance curb appeal, exercise restraint to prevent your home from appearing cluttered. Simplicity is key to achieving the ultimate fall curb appeal.